Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vintage Reality Entertainment

I found these great "home videos" on Archive.org about a real family vacation, spanning the summers of 1957-61. The 16mm films were archived to tape in 2000, and are narrated by Robbins Barstow, the father of the fun 50s clan.

These films are interesting to me because my family went on long road and camping vacations too. It is interesting to see how things have changed - and to contemplate today's society (especially how families interact and what we consider entertainment).

I give you...

Bartsow Family Vacations

During five summers from 1957 to 1961, the five-member Barstow family of Wethersfield, Connecticut, set out to visit all 48 of the then United States of America on a series of month-long camping trips.


PART I

Part I includes seeing famous sites from "America's History" in 24 Eastern, Northern, and Southern states.



PART II

Part II showcases "America's Wonderlands" with 18 National Parks and other exciting attractions in the great Northwest and Southwest.

No comments: