Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Garden of Earthly Delights Ravages The Eagles Bldg.



The Garden of Earthly Delights (a.k.a. "Millennium") is a Medieval painting by Netherlandish artist Hieronymus Bosch.

This triptych shows biblical scenes, and tells a story about the choices humans make - and the eternal consequences to such choices.

I'm likening this painting to my office holiday party this year, as 16 of the party-goers became ill afterwards. We're not positive if it was influenza, H1N1, food poisoning, or the favored gastroenteritis. All we do know is this: fun and happy times were shared by friends and colleagues. We ate, drank, and were merry. Then, Hell took over and tortured the living shit out of us.

Fortunately - it seems only to be lasting a day or two.

Click the link for a finer view: The Garden of Earthly Delights

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Yikes! Glad you're all feeling better!

Lili Von Shtupp said...

Actually, just when I thought I was getting better - it started again. I took Monday off, unfortunately - Paul wasn't able to. He seemed to have manned through it.

I think, now, after some party research, that we ingested salmonella poisoning through the organic Emerald Valley salsa that I bought at WinCo.

Scary! I hope everyone is feeling better!

Onlineticketspot said...

yah its really very nice thanks for having nice stuff..

The Eagles Concerts Tickets

Lili Von Shtupp said...

Yeah, um, thanks for spamming my blog. I hate The Fucking Eagles!